5 Tips on How to Get Your Pet Ready for Boarding
It can be a stressful time for both you and your pet when dropping them off somewhere new. Here are 5 tips on how to get your pet ready for boarding.
We do our absolute best to make sure that all pets are comfortable while boarding here, whether it is spending extra time with them, taking them for walks, or having them sit up front with the receptionist- we always find a way to make it the best experience! Here are 5 tips on how you can get your pet ready for boarding:
- Familiar Items Bring your pet’s bedding, a special toy that they love, a crate, or even a piece of clothing that has your scent on it. That way at nighttime they feel more at home with all of their own belongings.
- Food It is also important to bring their food and some treats. Changing your pet’s food under any circumstance can be difficult for their digestion. Keeping their food the same will help ease their bellies during their visit.
- Trial Run A good idea that may help to ease any nerves, is to bring your dog (or even cat!) for a trial over night or daycare. This way they get used to the facility, the routine, other pets and staff members. They then know that it is a fun environment and that you are coming to pick them up!
- A Quick “See Ya Later!” The hard part is always dropping them off, but it can actually make it worse if the hugs and kisses are too long. It is best to say a quick bye, and then the pet specialists can get them better acquainted with their new furry friends, play areas and where they will be sleeping.
- Stay Connected Something to help the owners out, is to like our Facebook page as we post daily photos of all of our guests! Or feel free to email/phone Jet Pet Resort to check on them.
Using these 5 steps will help ease your mind and also help your pet transition quickly into our welcoming facilities at Jet Pet Resort. We look forward to spending some quality time with your pet!