Top 5 Dog-Breeds for Children
A puppy can be doubtlessly the best gift to make your child’s day! Children and puppies almost complement each other and make the best of friendship to last a lifetime. Moreover, the bond of love, affection, trust and loyalty built in that tender age, proves to be a bliss for both the child and the puppy as they simultaneously grow up together. However, certain breeds of dogs are preferred more over the others, when it comes to accompanying a child. The following are the top 5 breeds of dogs which are best suited for a child:
- Labrador Retriever:This good-natured, patient, affectionate and loyal breed is highly affectionate, calm and is easy to train. Labradors love the company of children and are protective of them. They are favored for their cool temperament and laid back attitude and are the most popular amongst children.
- Collie: Collies are cute and cuddly to have around and are a favorite with children for their mild-mannered, loyal and affectionate nature. They are compassionate and patient towards children and are very instinctive about picking negative vibes from strangers. They are protective about children.
- Pug:This cute and funny-looking little dog is known for its happy-go-lucky nature and for its adorable gestures. They are adoptable and affectionate towards other pack-members and make wonderful play-mates for children. They are considered to be devoted towards their owners and are tolerant towards children.
- Bernese Mountain Dog:These may appear to be big for children but they are known for their gentle, cheerful and enduring disposition towards children and often take more time to mature. They might appear to be over-friendly to even strangers and are considered to be very intelligent and easily trainable.
- Beagles: This long-eared sweet breed are popular amongst children for their patient, gentle and compassionate nature towards children. They can be great towards other smaller pets like cats and birds, if they are well-socialized. They are protective and patient towards children.
Different dog breeds possess different temperaments and attitudes and hence, it is important to analyze and understand which dog-breed would suit the best with your children and their attitude. Factors like nature, behavior, size, general characteristics and instincts matter while choosing a dog for your child.