Where Can I Board My Dog Long Term in Vancouver?
Where Do I Begin?
If you are a dog owner sooner or later you will be faced with the important decision of where to board your dog when you take a trip or are forced to be away from home for an extended period of time. Either way, you need a dog boarding facility that both you and your dog feel comfortable with.
In the greater Vancouver area there a number of options to choose from including options for doggie daycare, overnight boarding, and extended stay boarding. Depending on what your immediate needs are, you are sure to find a facility that will suffice.
But remember, not all dog boarding centres are created equally! At the end of the day, you need to make sure that your pet is given the exact amount of love and comfort that they would receive at home – if not more!
Keep reading to identify the dog boarding options available for you and your pet in the greater Vancouver area, and to also learn about how Jet Pet Resort can easily accommodate all of your needs and so much more.
What Are My General Options?
Dog Day Care
If you are looking for a place for your dog during the day only in Vancouver, then doggie daycare is for you. Within this category are also pet sitters and dog walkers who can also offer safe environments for your pet. Some British Columbia businesses even offer dog daycare in their offices for the convenience of workers! If you are looking at a dog daycare option in the GVA, make sure to bring your dog along on your fact-finding tour to see how it intermingles with other dogs, and how the staff receives and handles your pet.
Overnight Dog Boarding or Short Term Dog Stays
If you require dog boarding comprising of a few nights in or around Vancouver, kennels can be a good option. Most B.C. kennels have very basic facilities which include a sheltered indoor space and a dog run. Kennels also clean your dog’s area daily and offer a minimum of one walk a day to exercise your pet.
Long Term Dog Boarding
If you prefer that your dog have a more comfortable environment, or be able to mix with other dogs, you may want to consider a dog hotel. A dog hotel is a good choice for long term boarding because it provides a rich environment and offers lots of fun interactions for your dog. A dog hotel also offers accommodation to multiple dogs from the same family, and usually has a special area for small dogs which is separate from larger breeds.
Special Needs Dogs
Most veterinarians offer medical dog boarding or can refer you to a facility that will be able to handle your dog. If your dog does need medical care, make sure to go over your dog’s needs carefully with the staff, and make sure that everything involving your dog’s care is thoroughly defined.
Is There A Facility That Does It All?
There sure is! A welcomed concept in alternative pet care and dog boarding located in Richmond, BC, Jet Pet Resort is conveniently located at the Vancouver International Airport with instant access from Vancouver and all surrounding areas. Jet Pet Resort is a pet-centered resort, daycare and dog spa for socialized dogs that are specially designed and built with your pet’s comfort, care and relaxation in mind. Featuring 15,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor pet resort and spa amenities. Whether short term or long term stay Jet Pet Resort offers your dog:
- An 8,000 square foot interior pet and spa resort with dedicated facilities catering to pets of all shapes and sizes.
- A convenient 7:00 am to 10:00 pm drop off and pick up window (earlier and later times available)
- A full team of dedicated pet care specialists on staff day and night, bringing your pet decades of experience, knowledge, sensitivity and training in animal behaviour to serve your pet’s individual needs.
- Sheepskin bed covers that wick away moisture and offer anti-bacterial protection to enhance your pet’s comfort and ensure superior hygiene.
- Infrared dog beds for older dogs and pets recovering from surgery or injuries, which promote healing and contribute to improved quality of rest and relaxation.
- Relaxing day lounges with plasma TVs and webcams that enable you to connect with your pet while you’re away.
- Fully equipped state-of-the-art pet spa offering a tranquil oasis for baths, shampoos, relaxing pet massages and special pet pampering.
- An onsite chef and a fully outfitted kitchen for preparation of special meals that cater to your pet’s individual dietary needs and preferences.
- Central indoor courtyard which features a man-made 20-ft. tree, plenty of dog toys of all shapes and sizes and customized play equipment.
- A separate Kitty Wing with cat suites and a lounge complete with large plasma TV.
Being a 5 star Vancouver pet resort, daycare and dog spa, Jet Pet Resort is very cautious about maintaining the high quality of its services. From full spa services and dedicated cuddle times to delicious, healthy meals and snacks, indoor/outdoor playtime and exercise fields, the pet care specialists at Jet Pet Resort offer your dog a fun-filled vacation while you are away. Jet Pet Resort makes dog boarding in Vancouver easy!
Also take a look at our dog boarding checklist.